Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, July 19, 2012

My first galette

The roof is done and I am thrilled.  They have one or two tweaks to do since they ran out of shingles and had to use another color in a tiny area.  A guy will come today to do that.  No more twirly thingies on the roof to let out the hot air.  We now have a more updated "vent", which I'm not in love with, but can definitely live with.  Once again, their clean up was meticulous.  When we came back from dinner, they had used their leaf blowers to blow the front porch and driveway of all that gritty shingle stuff.  It looked like the yard guys had been here.  I'm soooo lovin' that.  I only found one nail they missed up on the back porch, so I grabbed it.  I don't want to see that in my tire.  They had to do a tire change on their own truck yesterday in our driveway, since they picked up one of their own nails.  Booooo.  Hisssss.

I woke up to the sound of gunfire next door, which was nothing more than my next door neighbor's roof coming off, and their new one going on.  Hoooooleeee....loud much???  They are using a different company and even though they are moving, I hope they are pleased.  I'm a little nervous for their roofers to climb up on their garage to put on a new roof, since it looks like a stiff breeze might take it down.  We'll see.

My Freddys-burg peaches from my sister are small but yummy.  We had some last night with BlueBell vanilla because it's summer, and it's just the right thing to do.  Heaven knows I'm all about doing the right thing, dontcha know.  We still have a wad of them left, so I may try and make a rustic peach galette.  Like this.

Kinda makes your hear race, doesn't it?? 




Happy 85th Birthday, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment