Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th!

Here's what's going on around our neck of the woods.  Senora Maria has gone AWOL again and it might be for good, this time.  She is not in good health and may not want to officially pull the trigger on quitting, so "disappearing" may be easier.  Don't know.  She also could come breezing in the front door one afternoon soon, but I doubt that.  I have called and left her a message, with no response, which pretty much tells me she's adios.  Ahhh, well....life is just full of change.

I'm thinking the roofing that was to have possibly started this week is not going to happen--more like next week, since this is a short week.  We've picked out the shingle color already so our part is done. My sister and I are going over to visit mom this morning and to take her a 4th of July hydrangea to brighten up her room.  Sis wants to go, but since she's asleep, I'm going to slink out of here and just not tell her. 

I just found out Benji is heading to Cancun' with Bo Bice this weekend, which totally gives me the willies.  Mexico, now??  Yikes.  You couldn't pay me to go right now, given what all is happening in that country but then I'm not a musician.  I adore Mexico but I'm not heading back until all the drug cartels are gone and that'll be like never.

I am, however, thrilled to report that our neighbors have a solid contract on their house AND it's to a young couple from Lake Highlands with a 15 month old, and a new one still in the hopper!  How great is that?  New smalls right next door.  I met the mom yesterday, welcomed her to our block, and told her I was an old baby nurse, so I think they'll be a great addition to the block. 

I'm thinking about making chocolate chip zucchini bread this afternoon because I just want to.  I've never made it and I think it's high time I road test my recipe.  Sometimes you just hafta do stuff.  :)

Happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment