Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Random thoughts

Last night I took a trip down memory lane by reading the blog I wrote almost three years ago, after Brian's motorcycle crash and 5 week stay at Parkland, and 4 surgeries.  There were so many funny experiences that Bruce, Brian and I shared, and some real not funnies, too.  I think the best part was just looking back, with gratitude, knowing we had been perfectly protected and cuddled in God's warm hands, the entire time.  I know it's weird to say that experience was a gift, but it was.  I sure learned a lot and I don't ever want to repeat it, either.

 After scanning through the DMN online this morning, I'm going to issue my alert to stay away from reading the paper, and to simply scan stuff online, if you do it at all.  And avoid the news on TV.  There's way too much negative stuff going on that if taken into your brain, will NOT serve you well, so do yourself a favor and don't.  Anything you really need to know will be given to you and the rest is just garbage.  Unless you picture yourself as a toxic waste dump, and you want more trash, don't do it.  Whether we realize it or not, we drag that nonsense around in our unconscious minds, if we allow it in at all.  No, thank ya.

Yesterday I got a real shocker.  Maria had called from Mexico, left a message, has not quit, loves us, still wants her job, apologizing for having to leave, and for not calling.  Jeepers.  After much thought, I called her home here and left her a message that we love her, too, that I was scared something bad had happened to her, figured she had either quit or was in Mexico, and I was afraid the drug lords had her.  Sorry but that's just where my dramatic brain goes.  I told her I wanted her to come back, but I had to have a boundary with her if she came back: she would henceforth call me when she couldn't come, or had to go to Mexico.  I told her I never get mad about her not coming--but I do end up mad when I don't know what's going on, if she's OK, etc.  I told her if she felt this was not something she could do, then as much as we loved her, not to come back--that of course we wanted her--but it was her call.  Blah, blah, blah...we'll see.  She's still in Mexico and didn't say when she'd be back on her message.  I'm betting it's this week.  Either way, I'm good.  I'm just NOT good with ironing limbo. 

Lastly, I finally saw Mary's bunny again last night after it ran from her yard to ours, and then across ours, after I flushed it out.  It was hiding in our bushes and I wanted to see it, so I gently started looking for it, and it took off.  It's the cutest, fastest, little gray cottontail with a fluffy white tail.  Puuuurfect Peter Rabbit look alike.  Remember this??

                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment