Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Schiaparelli Red....I must have it!

It appears its time to get some real painting done--the kind with enamel--so that let's me nicely off the hook.  The problem is, it's been many moons since we've painted our trim, front door and shutters and none of them are on file at the paint store.   And even if we had any old cans of paint, they wouldn't be the right color by now anyway.  So, it appears I'll be hunting something Schiaparelli Red to drag in to the paint store.  It's the most gorge red ever and I must, must, must have it again.  It's my front door color and just rocks my ever lovin' world.  The trim and the shutters will be easy.  The red?  Not so much.

You'd think in this advanced computer age, you could google a color, and a paint computer could decode it.  Not so, Kemo Sabe.  Computers don't read color from a picture you print off, for matching, or so the guy said at the paint store, so we may just have to mix a little of this and a little of that, but a reference point would be a nice start.  It's a red with some pink--not much-- and something else I know not what.  Here are two pic's I found but the dress is by far the best.






                                                                                and




See, I told you it was beautiful!!  Now you know why I simply MUST have it!  Anybody with something this color that I can borrow, holler.  Meanwhile I'll keep digging.  Lipstick or nail polish might work to match from.....hmmm.   All ideas are welcome.  This may take a village.                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment