Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Drippy Saturday

It's drippy outside and that only means one thing.  Time to get dinner figured out so I can go get my book and disappear.  I found a yummy sounding Baked Artichoke Chicken recipe that Mario Batali made on The Chew and it sounds so easy it's got my name all over it.  The hardest part is cutting up an onion into the same size pieces that you half or quarter canned artichokes and white button mushrooms.  This I can handle.  It has wine, basil, tarragon, garlic (oh, baby!), brown or dijon mustard, a bay leaf, EVOO, and kosher salt, and pepper.  What's not to love, right?  Even if we don't eat it tonight, it would be just as good if not better a day later. 

I'm thinking I'm going to lay a tea tray, too, for when I start to get sleepy from reading.  My plan is to crawl into one of the white chairs, pretend I'm in England somewhere, pull up the ottoman, and grab my Nook.  Then when I get drowsy I can either nod off, or go heat some water for tea to revive myself.  There are two chairs so you're welcome to crawl into the other one.  Sis is right here, too, but she's not snoring and you can just hear the gentle drip of the rain.  Let me know if you want the white fluffy blanket to throw over yourself.... and how you take your tea.....
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment