Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, March 8, 2010

Ain't life great?


It seems my tail feathers are draggin' a little bit this morning. Really draggin'. I'm sure those of you with elderly parents can relate. This sounds awful to say but I'm going to say it anyway, out loud and right here: I hope and pray mom goes fast. For her sake, for ours, and in general. Unlike a lot of people, I don't want to live forever and neither does she. But there is GREAT news.

On a muuuuch brighter note, we got her in at The Plaza at Edgemere and I picked out her spot yesterday--in the rain, thank you verrrrry much. My DSW rain boots are coming in quite handy these days. My sister called from work yesterday morning and said they had 3 spots available and would I go look. Well, hell, YES, I'll go look, and I did. I stopped outside, in the rain and said my prayers for "whatever's right", and then I waited for the Plaza lady. Yep...the good ole waitin' thing again. Anyway, we went to a one bedroom on the first floor, overlooking the front of the building. It was the largest of the three -- we are dealing with a Princess here. I happened to glance at the room next door and realized I knew the lady who lived there. We opened the door to number 107 and I literally held...my...breath. IT WAS PERFECT. Done deal. I never even looked at the other two spots on the second floor. The Plaza lady and I just started howling...I was walking around placing mom's furniture, in my head. And I'm not even good at that.

Mom is right outside a little social gathering spot for TV watching with cookies and coffee and on the other side of the hall is their theater---and mom LOVES movies. Hallelujah and THANK YOU GOD. She has a little intake evaluation on Friday and I am in the process of getting her medical records that they need faxed over, in my spare time. Sorry. I couldn't resit a little sarcasm since mom has a staff of people taking care of her while she watches TV all day. Truth be told, she always has. Ahhh, the privileges of old age. Once she's all official, we'll set up the move and getter done.
Yes, she still has two months on her lease and, no, we probably can't worm out of it but that's OK. As my sister pointed out, it will give us time to sort through the furniture that she isn't taking and either absorb it, or sell it.
Just another miracle for this old broad. And I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment