Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's always somethin'...


Friday afternoon, the Harris's almost had a very sad state of affairs on their hands. Brian was here and Wiggles had just gotten up from a nap, ready to eat. Problem? His back right leg wasn't working. Now at 15, we've noticed that both of his back legs are not working like they used to but this was different. He was trying to walk-- and was walking like the letter C. And sort of dragging that right back leg on the hardwood floor. Brian went in to immediate meltdown mode a la Chicken Little-- the sky is falling. And when Brian lays it on thick, it's hard not to get sucked into the drama, I don't care how strong you are. He missed his calling as an actor. Anyway, I rubbed on Wigman's leg, moved it around, rubbed some more, all to no avail. Still the letter C. So, I called the vet and they had a 5 pm slot- in 40 minutes. I grabbed it and hung up. At this point, I'm starting to think the ultimate worst-- he's had a stroke, his backs gone out, this is it. We called Benji and left him a message since technicallyy Wig is his dog (10 th birthday) to let him know things might not be so good with the elderly gentleman. Then we waited.

I put down both dogs food and just started to watch him. All of the sudden I just collapsed on to the kitchen floor, hysterically laughing, and I think Brian thought I was crying. I realized that Wiggles's leg was asleep. Either he or Sis had been lying on it and once the blood flow returned, voila'--no more letter C leg. Try telling your 28 year old freaked out son this, as you are hyena laughing, struggling to speak, rolling on the floor. Once Brian finally got it, we were both on the floor, flat on our backs, laughing. And Saturday, Wigman did it again. Only this time it was his left leg. When Benji finally called from Austin (he was there playing at SXSW) he was relieved to know Wiggy was OK-- and luckily thought it was as funny as we did. I can't wait to do Wiggles walk for him next time he's home. I think I've got it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment