Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The other woman


It seems my husband is in love with another woman. This does not surprise me--just wounds me to the core. She is young--she is beautiful--she is black. Essentially, she is everything I am not. And, she worships him. G-A-G. I have suspected this for quite a while....no lipstick on the color--just black hair everywhere. And, he has a love name for her--yep.... already..... Squirr-Grrr.
I must say, it IS a mutual love affair and very May-December, at that, but love is love. And it's real....until some other male walks in the door. Then she's alllll about him. And then it's back to Fred. She's also a bit of a 'ho but even that doesn't bother him. He knows she comin' back. I'm screwed here.

How do you compete with a four legged woman, with a tail, who likes to squirrel/dove/anything hunt and carry them dead, in her mouth, to the trash?? And another black mark against me? The other woman can't talk. She may be pushy as hell but she still can't talk......and she never gets mad at him, or blogs about him. And did I mention she's beeeee-u-ti-ful and usually smells like the perfect amount of dog, with paws that smell like a fresh bag of Frito's? No lie. And she's sooo black, she's almost blue. And soft.
She did, however, get pissed at him yesterday since while he was playing nurse to me, he left her outside, on the driveway side, and forgot about her, until three hours later. There she was at the back door, waiting. And thirsty. For a brief second, I thought I might have a chance...... nah.

Naturally, I will continue my l-o-n-g standing affair with The Wigman, Man Dog of the World. Well, of course. He is right here at my feet and follows me everywhere I go, except the shower. He hates to get wet. Back in the day, he would have put Sister to shame, in the looks department. He had it goin' on.....he really was allllll thatttttt. Slick, silky, milk chocolate brown fur and tan markings. Perfect ears, handsome face, the whole package..... think Reese's peanut butter cup. That's him. And just as delicious. Age is cruel, though...he now has white paws and a white muzzle. But so do I, so we are a matched set.
Well, here he is again....he took a brief moment to hit the doggie door and came right back. Well, hell, yeah. That's what love is all about. He may be old, but he's still got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment