Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, March 19, 2010

Uh oh...it's almost Easter


And we all know what that means. We'd just gotten past all the resentments from Christmas with family members, and now we've got to get together all over again. For Easter. Which only means one thing. More and/or brand new resentments. Let's see if I can hit all of the categories: there's the ones that drink too much, the mean ones, the ones who cannot be pleased no matter what, the ones who bore the entire table talking about themselves & their children ad nauseum-- their latest accomplishments, big $$ jobs, new cars, trips, etc. Hmmmm....who did I miss? Oh, yeah...the victims (the poor little Me's) and the old ones who want to talk about all their physical complaints, in detail, at lunch.

I, for one, am taking a powder on Easter this year for the above named reasons. The movers and my sister and I are going to move mom that weekend (Good Friday) so that by Easter Sunday, she's settled and having a lovely lunch at the Plaza, while I cook a luscious lunch and eat at home, outside in my backyard, weather permitting, probably in my pj's, with my puppies, Fred, and maybe Crashman, if he wants. Menu: roast leg of lamb, carrot souffle ('cause I just want to make it) , roasted rosemary new potatoes, maybe a spring mix salad, hot rolls, ice tea, and Lord only knows what for dessert. My menus are often subject to change. Attire? Freshly laundered and crisply starched cotton pj's, after a lovely hot shower and shampoo/ blow dry. Now that's Easter. Cozy, joyful, serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment