Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Front yard recognizance


I am such a sick puppy....I am stalking our next door neighbors house since its open and they are trying to sell it. They just dropped the price a few days ago to see if they could generate any interest and so far, it's not lookin' real good. I have a dual purpose in my stalking--I am evaluating potential new neighbors and enjoying being outside in the sun, being worthless. Only three cars so far and both were in and out in a heartbeat. NOT a good sign. On a happier note, mom's house is under contract and the couple that are buying it are old grade school friends of mine and my sisters. My mom grew up with the guy's family on White Rock Lake and when they were kids, their families properties backed up to each other. They used to play touch football in one of their yards and during one game, mom hit the buyers dad, so hard, he cried (as a kid) , and she's never let him forget it to this day. They are still great friends even though she really put the hurt on him. Small world.
We close on her house in April and though they will be tearing down the old homestead probably some time in May, we knew somebody would, and are fine with it. Not even a pang of wah. We've traded emails this weekend with the buyers now that all the negotiating is done, and they are as excited as we are, which makes it even more fun.
Mom's move is set for Friday, April 2nd--yep, Good Friday--but it was the best time for my sister, and I sure as hell wasn't going to do this one alone. Noooooooooo. Since we just have to move two rooms of furniture right across the street and down a little ways, this one will be easy and we can let mom's other stuff stay right where it is in her condo, until we can get that part moved out. I call it Relo Phase 1 and Phase 2. Her condo lease is up at the end of May so we have some time. We hated to have to do double rents, but to get her settled, safe, and into the Plaza, it was just worth it. My sister's and my sanity was on the line here, folks.

Time for a big old Arnold Palmer(iced tea and lemonade, mixed) in my favorite ginormous plastic glass-- then I need my stack of new magazines that just came, my shades, and outside I go for some sun, reading, and house snooping, next door. Hilarious...my neighbor just drove by to check the "traffic" on her house....uh,... that would be nobody. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment