Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, March 29, 2010

My competition


Well, today I got the hook. Big time. I got ditched like an old prom dress thrown to the back of the closet. Today Hudson's mom asked me if I knew who he was marrying, as he grinned at me. I guessed "ME" and was told "AC..you already have a ring." OK. "Hadley?" "Noooo...she's my sister". Oh. OK....I've got it. "Beyonce" since I knew he loved her and used to sing "Single Ladies"all the time. Nope- not even her. I've been kicked to the curb by Hannah Montana aka Miley Cyrus. Whyyyy? Because she's younger, has loads of money and sings wearing a horrible wig? Pretty much. As a man and a four year old, she rocks his world and all I bring to the table is Easter candy. Folks, that's sad. But at least my dad never had a mullet or danced like the Tin Man on Dancing with the Stars. Which brings me nicely to DWTS.
If you didn't see it last night you missed possibly the funniest show on TV. Personally, I'm not a Dancing fan probably because it's way too hard and too skewed and I know for a fact I would look like a total idiot but, hey, I'm not on the show and if you are, you're fair game. And last night was just hilarious. Buzz Aldrin and his wife's matching his and her's face lifts?? OMG.... his is awful but her's was just scary. Bulging eyeballs, flaring nostrils... no need for a mask this Halloween, honey. And his moon walk of a dance? Yikes. There were others that just killed, too, but I'm going to be nice today and not mention the rest--even if I will be snickering for the rest of the day about someone with eight children.

The one man tornado lands sometime later today so we'll be meeting Benji for dinner tonight. He's staying at the Gaylord Texan since that's where he's playing and without his car here, we're his transportation. At first the plan was to cook steaks here--now, I'm not so sure. With him, it's always a minute to minute type thing.....sound checks, meetings, set up, schedule changes-- so I'm thinking it will be Mexican food tonight, on the fly, and then a quick swing by home for puppy visiting and for the load of chocolate chip cookies I made for him yesterday. That's assuming there are many left by tonight...this morning I could tell someone who works downtown all day had been in them, again, while he watched TV. Yeah...him. Somethings never change and let's face it...who in the world can just look at freshly made cookies and not eat them?

No comments:

Post a Comment