Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ouch!

It seems these trips back home for Benji (and the rest of us) are getting harder and harder. For one big reason: our animals. With their rapidly advancing age, each time is like the last goodbye. And it's just awful. We were talking at dinner about how I'd seen on the Internet or TV where animals could be put to sleep at home. I forgot to mention the part about the home visit vet who you hire to come do it and I said " that's what I'd like to do with Wiggles... I'd like to wrap him in a towel, all snugly, and just do it". Ohhhhh, Lordy.....chips and salsa spit flew everywhere as all three of them went at me like a pack of wild dogs. Brian was the first to sink his teeth in me (big surprise-- he is fast on the trigger) telling me "mom....you're gonna kill your old man dog....that's just wrong". Next was Benji looking at me like I'd been smoking crack and last, but equally as incredulous, was Bruce. Yabber, yabber, yabber. This went on and on until I realized they thought I was gonna off Wiggles, myself. And that's when the party started. Once I got it across to the snarling dog pack that a vet would do the evil deed, and I would just hold Wiggles, suddenly things re----lax----ed. They all agreed that doing it at home is sooo much better because the last car ride to the vet would just be way too awful--even if you are Ted Bundy. Wiggles is psychic--and he'd know. All animals are and I'm just not doing that to him. Muffin is a different story. He'd kill all four of us trying to escape the syringe of death. It's hard enough just giving him his asthma shot-- so he can just go to the vet, unless we did a two-fer. I know...cold but efficient.

Anyway, I watched as Benji made videos on his phone of all three animals--just in case--so he can watch them over and over. Wahhhhh....And Brian, old Mr. Motorcycle Crasher, is the biggest softie of all. He just won't talk about losing one of the animals after the first couple of seconds. Nupe. Just won't do it. He used to tell me, all drugged up on his pain meds, that he was afraid he was turning into an old softie. Really?? Ya think?? Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment