Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, March 19, 2010


This might shock a few of you--if you've been reading for awhile, you're good. If I haven't shocked you out of not reading, this won't surprise you. There's no way to say this delicately so I'm just gonna toss it out there. I think old people with dementia should be micro-chipped--just like dogs. Wouldn't that be cool?? Both of my dogs are chipped so if they got lost somebody could scan them, like at Target, and call me, to reunite us. Sooooo, why not old people..... You micro chip your dog, so why not Low Jack mom or dad?? If they wander off, hello......just GPS 'em, and they're right back home. Hopefully, none the worse for wear.

What made me think of this was this morning. I went by mom's about 10:30 am and she was g-o-n-e. I couldn't find her anywhere. And, remember now, she doesn't drive and would positively not know how to do a bus, nor would she want to learn, so I knew that was out. (Ditto filling her own car with gas, but that's old news.) Anyway, I started calling my sibs to see who had her. No one did--- so it scared all of us half to death until I thought to go look on her calendar. She had Garden Club 9:30 am (with a friend) chicken scratched on it, for today. OMG. I liketa d-i-e-d. Slowly my pulse rate returned to normal. ( I cannot even remember the last time my mother was dressed and out the door by 9:30 am and I'm not saying she was today, either. She's always late and I bet her friend was ready to kill her but that's not new knews either.) I guess after a hundred years you just roll with it.
OK...back on subject. Now... see....wouldn't that Low Jack thing have worked great if she hadn't been at Garden Club? I could have found her in a jiffy. And I think they already have it for little kids. Whoa.... what about for teenagers?? Talk about crimpin' your lifestyle.....you can lie about where you were but it won't do you any good. Hell...your parents already know where you were....you might as well stay home and misbehave, from now on.
Low Jack. The next best thing to being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment