Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Z-z-z-z-z.....can't sleep?


Jeez, Louise....I cannot seem to cut my brain off to sleep at night. Might just have a little somethin' to do with recent events but a good night's sleep would really be swell. I'm starting to have duffel bags under my eyes. Not a good look. Last night, in my non-sleeping time, I moved mom, in my head. I finally fell asleep only to hear women talking down the hall. At first I thought maybe it was our neighbors and their daughter, outside on their driveway, by our bedroom windows. Uh, no....closer than that......these voices sounded like they were in the house.......right down the hall. At this point I'm not scared--I'm pissed.........who the hell is that????

So, I cut off the alarm and marched down the hall, loaded for bear.....wanna know what I found?? Somehow Benji's old CD player/alarm/ radio had come on, and indeed, a woman was talking--on the air-- and I nearly killed her. Never mind she wasn't physically there.....if I'd had a gun, she'd be d-e-a-d. I finally dug around and cut it off and stalked back to bed. Now I really couldn't sleep....and Fred?? Totally clueless....slept through the entire thing.
I did, however, use my time wisely. I now have a list of 12 things to do prior to mom's move--and that's the short list. And tonight's daylight savings....and we lose an hour.....I cannot win.

No comments:

Post a Comment