Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stick a fork in me...I'm done

I'm in a quandary.....I've alluded to this before with Fred, and I'm not sure he thinks I'm really serious and oh, baby...I am. He keeps talking about the next dog we're getting, after Wiggles checks out. Never mind the disrespect to my Man Dog......what I keep trying to tell him is, there ain't gonna be another dog after Wigman. We'll be down to Sister, aka "The Boat Anchor", and after that, we are d-o-n-e. Game. Set. Match. And when Muffin checks out to Cat Town, we're done there, too. Now don't go all rescue on me...I'm just through taking care of people and animals. I don't want to hear whining, meowing or have someone walk across me or lie down on my back (Muffin) because his internal clock says its time for me to get up and feed him. (And I don't want my cell phone ringing because someone isn't happy about the food, the weather, their room, or whatever---wherever they are--but that's the people part and I can cut off my phone or use caller ID.) Whew. Animals? Not so much.

I'm figuring this is how it's gonna stack up: Wig will go first, and then it will be a race between Muffin and Sis--probably Muff. He's older but doesn't do much....but then Sis is always out an about, so get your bets in now. All it'll take is one car and her not listening, and she's history. Fred thinks he can control her by voice command. If you need a good laugh, come by sometime and let him show you how well that works. It only works when she decides--he hasn't quite gotten that part yet, even when he has to run after her, yelling. Oh, yeah...she's trained all right.

I'm ready for no dog beds, no dog food, no playing food Nazi trying to keep Sis from eating Wiggles food, and no whiffs of just opened cat food before I even have coffee. No litter box. And no dog gates. Yep, I'm ready. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment