Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Undercover agent-- Muff

I just thought my animals were weird. Oh, nooooo....they definitely are. Especially Muffin our asthmatic, fifteen year old Egyptian Mau, with the charcoal colored polka dots--all the way down to his skin. When we first got him and for years afterwards, he was real spooky. If someone he didn't know came over, he was gone in a flash, under the bed. And he'd never let us hold him unless it was his idea. Everything was always on his terms--his way, Jose'. For the life of me, I do not know what happened, but he is a changed man. No matter where I am, he's there, too--even in in the bathroom. If I sit down, he's in my lap whether I like it or not. And it's the same for the boys and Fred. He's just all over us like fly paper. Which brings me to last night.

I've considered telling you this for awhile so here it comes: Muffin likes to sleep under the covers with us at night. Yep, I guess those old bones get cold so sliding under where it's all nice and toasty just must feel good. On Fred's side, he usually sleeps on top of the covers--on top of his legs, that is. (Fred's gonna kill me for telling that but it's the truth.) Anyway, all was well and he was "in his spot" last night when Fred came walking in from choir practice around 9:30pm. Muff always comes out from under the covers to see what's shakin' only last night was different. It seems Muff took a wrong turn in the dark (underneath the covers) and was trying to get out and ended up, inside my nightgown!!!!! Yep...we were skin (mine) to fur (his), and he was becoming more and more frantic to find the escape hatch. Let me assure you that made two of us. As Fred is standing in the doorway of the bedroom, I am birthing a cat out of the arm hole of my sleeveless gown, laughing like a maniac. Exiting via the arm hole was not my idea but it was just easier to go with it. With skin shredding back claws at the ready, I wasn't going to argue how he got out--just that he got out. The look on Fred's face was priceless.....he never knows what he's walking into around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment