Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Change

Well....today is really going to be an interesting day. Not only will we be saying adios to DC but also to my family home of the last 51 years. Yep. Mom signs her paperwork this afternoon. Lots of big endings. I used to think endings were always sad or bad. Big drama and disaster mentality. No other feelings involved. Nothing positive. Not anymore. Today I know I can have lots of different feelings all at the same time and its important for me to take the time to give each one its own time, feel it, and then let it go. I think of feelings as waves on the beach....they wash in and then the wash back out. Some days the waves are bigger, some days smaller. And if I s-l-o-w down and take the time to actually feel them and process them, its much easier to let them go. The positive feelings?? Man, I hang on to those for as long as I can. I love all those right brain feelings. The left brain ones? Not so much. My left brain is always working over time and its my right brain that I need to spend more time in.

I've also realized that change/loss is really important. With it, we make room for new opportunities: new people, places, things, experiences, growth. Without it, we stay stuck, stagnant, dull, and our development stops. Change may shake things up, but what looks like a disaster, is often an opportunity. And that's just how I see it.

1 comment: