Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Garden photos




I have a set of garden pic's that I thought I'd better post since I had mentioned it earlier. It includes a shot of the strange red valve thing so if you know what it is, please tell me. Since I got a much later garden start, it won't be hard to figure out which one is mine vs the ones that I'd love to tell you are mine. I took a shot of the yellow squash that's just come up and the green beans. The parsley already lived in our plot and the garden's tomatoes & basil were adopted from Home Depot, along with the basil I have here at home--different species. (Hudson & Hadley and I had to reschedule our planting date this morning due to rain and since I knew he and Hadley would want to water. And water. And water some more.)

If you look really closely, you can see a fellow gardener in one shot squatting down by his plot with a hat on. (This may be a lot like Find Waldo since he's squatted down by a fence pole.) He really knows what he's doing and while I was shooting pictures, we started eating his lettuce right from his patch. I had told him how my mesculun mix from last year grew great, but just tasted blah, so that's when the salad course started. He'd said he thought his lettuce was a little bitter--not so for me. He's a really cool man and had a man eating okra last year that was so huge, Sister was afraid of it. And before that, he grew green bell peppers until they had to start giving them away after cooking and freezing all they could handle. That was until his wife accidentally sprayed their patch with what she thought was an organic pesticide that turned out to be an organic herbicide. Woops. That shut down production (of anything) for quite a while.
Sister is howling and talking, so Fred must be home. I'll get him to help me load the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment