Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Friday

For anybody that has ever doubted that there really is a God, take my word for it--there definitely is. And if you need a chunk of faith to hang on to until yours gets bigger, I'll loan you some--for as long as you need it. Yesterday during the move, the rain held off until we were loaded and then just stopped. We were able to get friends to take mom out to lunch and to a movie to "entertain her" while we got everything all moved , arranged, set up, and all zshuzzzzed before mom came over. We lit her candle so it smelled good--I rearranged some lilies she already had and gave them fresh water, we filled her tiny fridge with her stuff from the other place. Her clothes were all put away in her closet, bed all made, with her favorite pillows, bathroom gear all put away , towels ready for the first shower. Given that she had never even seen the space--her choice--the big reveal was a tad nerve racking when we were ready, and she wasn't there. Faith here....they finally called and were at the other side of Edgemere. It was 4:30pm and show time! I met them out front and mom was clearly afraid. Who wouldn't be?
She came in, she was pleased, her friends both wanted to hire us to move them in, and we almost collapsed. We had not only pleased but made one of her more negative friends very jealous, which later reduced my sister and I into screams of laughter, as we took turns acting it all out. But that's a whole other story.
We were able to even hang most of her art except for the ones that went on two walls that are concrete, thank you very much. Maintenance will come today with a special drill to do it while she's at the hairdresser. And last night, when one TV remote would just not change the channels and I knew it was something easy--something I just couldn't quite figure out-- I finally just surrendered and sat back and waited. I had monkeyed--fiddled--punched--re punched, all with no luck. I even asked a male at the front desk for some much needed testosterone fueled ideas. No good. Tick, tick, tick. It's now 7pm and I'm starting to wig out. I punched the TV power on one more time. I noticed a flashing light on the remote by the TV/VCR . Awwww....hell...I just switched it to the plain old TV part. What's it gonna do, blow up? Welllll...let's hope not.

Bingo! We were immediately channel surfing. Miracle?? You decide but Fred swears it had to be, given my lack of tech ability. It was finally time for this old broad to head home, shower, say my prayers and thank God for taking such great care of mom and all of us movers. And then fall into bed.
Before I left I had some time to spend with mom just talking.....she shared with me that I had no idea how this loss of control feels to her. I told her she was 100% correct...I truly do not know how she feels about that but I sure could relate to the lack of control I felt with Brian's crash and how unspeakably scary that was for me. And disorienting. By then, I could tell she just need to chill and watch her shows. I put a fresh nightie on her bed, and did "turn down service" minus the chocolate mint on the pillow. (She had some mini Snickers but my brain was just fried and I wasn't going there. Puuuuulease.)
Believing. Faith. And prayers. It really was a Good Friday and I am blessed and grateful.
Happy Easter to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment