Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fred goes Johnny


With a rainy weekend, the question becomes whatcha gonna do?? I decided Friday that this was the weekend to catch up on our movie viewing a la Block Buster. So, Friday I hit the doors of our local one on Hillcrest and got busy. In short order, I nabbed Up in the Air, Sherlock Holmes, and The Blind Side. After Sandy's recent marital turmoil, I just needed to give her my support. We are now two for three and I'm just gonna say it: the first two listed above were just forgettable--as in totally. I'm so glad I didn't bother to go to the actual movie to see them. That would have required lots more effort than either movie was worth. I'm counting on Sandy to bring it all home this afternoon, which may be asking a lot. We'll see. The plan next week is to get The Hurt Locker and Avatar and then we should at least be current for last year. I figured those two would sort of off set each other and not drag us down totally. Avatar won't be out until then so that's the plan, anyway.
Yesterday after lunch, Fred and I did some much needed spiffing to his wardrobe and the guy that helped us, Danny, was great. Since we are going to visit Benji in May (Nashville) , I suggested we try to hip Bruce up a little. And that's when it really got fun. Danny talked Fred into trying on some cooler jeans. Those worked--nothing to edgy. And then Danny went in for the kill. He brought out this black shirt that was really cool and tried to get Fred to put it on. Think sort of country/western with an edge, and black stitching, but not totally over the top.

Finally, Fred put it on, and... time... stood... still. It got totally quiet for a second and then out of my mouth came " Hello, my name is Johnny Cash". Danny and I both started howling and could not stop. Then Danny got him to put on a jacket over the shirt and Fred became Johnny Cash.
It was perfect for our trip and I knew Benji would completely flip out, which made it twice as fun. I'm already trying to conjure up the look he'll have on his face when he sees his dad. Torturing our kids is just the most fun in the world and I can hardly wait for Fred to slip that baby on and send Benji reeling...OMG. He got some much needed other stuff, too, but the black shirt?? Gonna be a burnin' Ring of Fire...no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment