Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

REALLY Random stuff

Gee...the first thing Fred said when he got home was "did you go up to the garden?" That man needs to stop reading this blog. He knows w-a-y to much about what goes on around here. And, no, I didn't make it up there, thank you very much, because I was making a chocolate cake for dessert. I think that's a great excuse and apparently so did Fred since we both had 2 pieces. Small...but 2 pieces none the less. Now for the birds--even Bruce couldn't get them to stick their heads up after dinner...he says he thinks "they are dead". I just ran over to check for a chirp alert and I am thrilled to report they are very much alive and chirping their heads off. I will try again to see if I can get a pic of their little open beaks. They are just hilarious!
No recent sightings of either of the rabbits from the block over from us. Maybe they are too fat to get through the fence these days. I'll keep a look out, though.
Back to the birds-I just had a parental sighting with the little ones but when I attempted a photo, the beaks were up and then went down real fast. Further attempts fared little better so I am on hiatus for now.
Ya know...I just thought it was weird when Bruce put that first dead animal (bobcat) in the freezer at his mom's. Apparently that's not all that weird 'cause I've got a better story now. Sit back 'cause this is gonna make any sketchy relatives or friends you might have seem perfectly normal. One of my sister's friends was married to a Harris cousin, who was killed years ago. Anyway, shortly after the cousin's death in a car accident, his then pregnant widow was visited by a fat black cat she later adopted, and named Bat Cat. Bat Cat lived a long and happy life but left permanently 8 years ago for Cat Town. By now, the widow had happily remarried and when Bat Cat checked out, not knowing exactly where she wanted to bury him, she put him outside in the chest freezer in the garage, until she could figure it out. Cut forward eight more years.

Meanwhile, Pee Wee, a new black cat has come on the scene to replace old Bat Cat. The couple now have a daughter of their own, have moved away from Dallas to the Hill Country and all is well, until this past March, during Round Top, the big antiques sale. While the wife is away hunting antiques, Pee Wee unexpectedly jumps the train to Cat Town, and the husband finds him. Now, knowing what he knows about Bat Cat's location, he pops Pee Wee in the freezer to keep Bat Cat company. All of this comes out this past weekend, with my sister and her pals after a few glasses of wine. The next thing they know, my sister is singing (to the tune of the Cat Steven's song "Cat's in the Cradle"), "The Cats in the Freezer" and she's making up lyrics. Earlier today, she emailed her newly penned lyrics to Benji in Nashville, for him to record and send back, to give to her friends. Everybody, together now.... "Ohhhhh, the cat's in the freezer at the William's house"...

2 comments:

  1. So BatCat made the move to the Hill Country? Yep, you win the crazy relative contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to write a book...I've got some stories that would fry your hair!

    ReplyDelete