Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Divorce Garden Plot

Wellllll...our plot may just cause one. One of us takes the "I'm all excited and I'm five years old again" buck shot approach to planting, and the other one of us, who is of superior intelligence, thinks it out and t-h-e-n plants. Wanna guess who is who?? And since I'm the one typing, we all know who the smart one is. Yep. That'd be me. Now, don't get me wrong...Fred's a decent worker. He's just hard to keep "on task". He gets frazzled and excited by all the seed choices and is ready to play "planting roulette" unless I catch him in time. The area I had already envisioned for my "cutting garden" for flowers, almost became a vegetable du jour area. Whew. Caught in the nick of time. And did I mention stepping on already growing plants (curly parsley) that up to a few seconds ago was actually alive....that's a problem, too. But, I can get him to do the crappy jobs (fish emulsion) so I guess I'm gonna have to keep him--at least through the growing season anyway. And, he's impervious to mosquitoes--- and they are my kryptonite. Grrr.... looks like he's staying. And he does buy me lunch....
The funny part to me is how differently we approach things. When we were finished, one of us was packed up, cleaned up, and in the car in a nano second. That would be the same person who cleaned up as she went, threw away trash, etc. The other one?? Let's just say he took his sweet time finishing up, while I enjoyed watching, from the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment