Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tom and Hank


This is a recent post rain shot of my two favorite boys on the block. Tom (blue slicker) is the oldest, and according to his mom, is high functioning autistic. I just consider him my bud--no label. He is adorable and handsome as all get out and just asked me a minute ago "why are some dogs little and some dogs are big?" For lack of a better answer, I threw the God card--you know the one. The "that's just how God made them" answer when your brain just went off line for the night. He bought it so I was off the hook. Oh, shuuuudup...you didn't have a better answer.

Hank (yellow slicker) is his little brother and is just like all little brothers--a piece of work. You have to be if you are a little brother--or sister--it's the law. Hank was highly indignant the other day when I called him Tom...he was quick to remind me "I'm Hank and I'm 5". I am sad to report my men folk will be moving sometime in May along with their yellow lab, Goose-- of tennis ball fetching hit with a golf club, fame. Not far, but just no longer down the street where I can laugh at their scooter races every afternoon. Or,watch them with their capes on, flying down the block to our house. Or, yelling at each other like brothers do-- some things just do not change.
Their parents are just as neat and all of them will be missed. The good news is, the mom's younger brother and his wife have bought their house on our block. Now, I don't know if they are even in baby production mode but let's just say I hope so. We need some more short people on our block. Our block age demographic is definitely "younging up"-- it just irks me no end to think I am now one of the "older people". When did that happen?? That's just wrong.

Garden update: squash, carrots, green beans have all broken ground. Flowers?? Well...somethings coming up I'm just not sure what it is.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Kelly and I went to hs together, and were on drill team together. :) She is one of my favorite people! Small world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's one of my favorite people , too! That's why I'm so sad!

    ReplyDelete