Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, April 15, 2010

He's ready....

Lord, love me I wish this site had the ability to put sound on it. That is the only way in this world you all could hear the phone message Hudson left me earlier this afternoon. I like to died. He was yabbering a mile a minute about exactly what, I am not totally sure but it was way funny. I put my cordless on speaker, and listened twice, before I caught the words "dig" and "plant". Then he was off on some other conversational tangent, I know not what. He said "to call me right back when you get this, AC " so, of course, I did.

Luckily for me, his mom answered and was able to translate that my assistant gardener was ready to work--in fact, that very minute would have suited him just fine. He then got on and explained to me that he had a "digger" and had gotten some garden" work gloves" from Santa, so he was ready, and would I come right now to get him. And could he bring two? Two what? (I'm wondering). So I told him "Sure", wondering what in the world I had just agreed to..... and I quickly found out. "OK... 'cause I wanna bring Hadley."
Gooooosh...I melted like a pat of butter. A big brother who wants to bring his little sister??....Oh, wahhhhhhh. Where do ya get a brother like that?? Never mind she is... as... fun... as... they... come. And he knows it. It was still just one of those moments I may never forget.
Since I couldn't do it today, he wanted to know what day we could. "Hmmm...how about Saturday?", I suggested. "Well...what's today... 'cause I go to Wilson's on Wednesday....I don't go to school on Saturday, do I?" At this point, I can hear his mom laughing in the background and I am rolling. We are both thinking the same thing....like father, like son. Mr. Busy. Stay tuned for Saturday. I'm going to take them up to the garden and let them loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment