Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lunch at the Plaza

I just ran by to check in on mom. Since she wasn't in her room I figured she was upstairs at lunch. Damn, I'm smart. As I rounded the corner by the dining room, I could hear her voice so I slowed down to figure out where she was. OMG....she was holding court at a table for four, yakking up a storm. This from the same woman who did not want to go upstairs to the dining room to eat with all those old people.
Holy cow.....I felt like the mother of a first grader who was having lunch at school, the first week of school. She introduced me to her lunch mates and remembered their names. Yeah, buddy... One was a retired dermatologist well known in town, another was man whose last name was Berry, and the other lady was her next door neighbor, whom I already knew. I had wanted to let her know that her phone was now working and she told me that she already knew--it had rung this morning but she was in the bathroom or something. Well, allrighty then.

I was so thrilled I called both of my sibs, on my way out, to tell them we are home free. The eagle has landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment