Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tattletale? Nah

Here's where I am and I just hate this. I need to help my sister do some estate related stuff for mom next week on the same day mom needs to go for her doctor's appointment. No biggie. Someone else is taking her for me. Where I feel like the biggest damn tattletale is sending her doctor an update about what I'm seeing, what's been going on, etc. It's my job and I'm supposed to help out by doing this, it's just that I feel like sort of a rat. It's not that I wouldn't tell mom any of this to her face, if she asked--it's just that the news is sad-- and when the news isn't good, it just makes you feel almost guilty, somehow. I think what I may do is just be upfront with mom, and tell her I've sent Dr. V. an update on what I'm seeing and then let it drop. If mom asks me what I've told Dr. V., I will then tell her and keep it real simple. I will be sure to put on my bullet proof vest prior to this "sharing"--just in case she blows. I don't think she will-- but it's just so painful to have to do some of this stuff.
It was bad enough when I had to tell her she has Alzheimer's....her Neurologist had tried to tell her several times and mom wouldn't "hear it"--she'd flap her hands and say "well, let's don't talk about that." Clearly a conversation ender if I've ever heard one.
Knowing mom, it may be better to just follow her usual MO and if it's "unpleasant", just don't deal with it. ie. Don't even tell her. She's a modern day Scarlett O'Hara so I think in the interest of her feelings, I'll just keep my trap shut. I'll go up to the garden and dig, or get some new plants to pot. The sun is out, the day is gorgeous, and God will take care of the rest.
Thank God for blogs....you get to talk out loud to yourself in print, and try to make some sense out of the craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment