Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ain't Fall grand???

It's early-ish and Sis and her sharpshooting sidekick have already gotten one squirrel.  The problem?  He made a run for it once hit and landed with a thud on the roof.  Lovely.  Color me thrilled.  It's so beeeeee-u-tiful outside, I've got a hankering to go rattle my pots and pans.  I don't know why gorgeous weather does that to me but it does.  And bad weather does it, too.  Maybe I just like to cook.... oh, yeeeeeeah.... that's it.

For some reason, I am dying to make pulled pork...not sure why.  Something about putting a big old honkin' seasoned pork shoulder in the oven just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, while I wash clothes--my other favorite past time.  Life is never sweeter than when I have both of those things going simultaneously.  And if you include buying pumpkins for out front, and some fall plants, I am transported to another realm of this stratosphere.

  Yesterday was a chili making day and since I doubled the recipe, I now have two containers for the freezer--a nice back up for days that are wild, when cooking just does not make it on my list for the day.  I love having stuff like that to fall back on.  Makes life sooo much easier.

The newly and truly weds are winging their way back home as we speak.  I'm sure they are ready to get back to normal, whatever that looks like for them.  I think they get in early Monday morning, and Benji is playing that night.  Ohhhhhhh, to be young again and be able to pull that off. 

I went by to see mom yesterday and give her the 411 on all the wedding details and the trip.  She was squealing like a little girl and loving the stories.  I can't wait to get some photo paper to print off pic's for her AND to see the pic's the photographer made, so I can get a few for her to enjoy.  I have never seem my mom so content and that is such a gift.  I am one lucky gal and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment