Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tsunami Avery

Yesterday I ran by to see the three little pigs (Hud, Had, and Avery) and scored on all three counts.  All three were home and the two oldest ones were next door playing at a neighbors.  Nic and I went over to find them and Hud was the first one out the door, so when I asked for a hug, he made a running leap into my arms.  I guess it's a good thing I got a workout dragging my bags all over Italy, or he and I both might have hit the dirt.  From Had I got a more low key howdy, a quick flash of a white peely cast less arm, due to it's removal earlier that morning, and they were off back to play with their pals.  Avery was waking up as we went back to their house, and that's when the poo hit the fan.

Nic had prepared me that if anyone else is there when she goes to get Avery, Avery throws a total rod and thinks the other person is there to babysit, and that her mom is leaving.  At not quite two, I'm sure I don't even need to describe to you what this picture looks like so we'll just leave it at FURY.  I tried not to laugh at her--nobody wants to be laughed at and most especially when they are royally pissed-- but she... was.... hilarious.  She took the front part of her foot out of her sandal, and Nic prepared me that Avery was going to get mad about that next.  And oh, baby, did she ever.

I'm sure once she's fully awake and had something to drink, she returns to her non-Exorcist self but yesterday's flash of fury brought back flashbacks of the boys that I had buried deepReal deep.  A couple of episodes like that in Target, and you just never want to take your kids out in public again, despite the fact that every mother and grandmother within 3 feet of you feels your pain.  Luckily, Nic is the most laid back easy going mom ever and she just rolls with it and by baby #3, she knows to just let the Avery tsunami roll on past.

No comments:

Post a Comment