Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 7, 2011

Flying does this to me

I'm sitting here laughing about an event that happened on the trip that I'd forgotten to blog about.  Sooooo, let me set the scene.  We are flying like a bunch of heifers on 737, all scrunched up, and I'm, luckily, on the aisle.  Next to me is an older, crazy, Spanish lady and her controlling Latin husband who tells her nicely, what to do, all the damn time. I know this because I am eaves dropping, and though my Spanglish ain't all that great, I'm gettin' it enough to know what's goin' on.  Behind me are a row of Benji's pals, namely Aubs (she changed seats with another of our group, for awhile) Brett, and Erin.  Everyone is bleary eyed tired and several folks have been indulging in some (OK...lots) of  in-flight cocktails.  Disclaimer:  I won't say whom, here, to protect the guilty, but I luckily was not among the naughties.

Anywho, I can't sleep because I have to 1) eaves drop on everyone and everything  2) because all the stuff that's going on around me is way to damn funny to miss, and lastly 3) because I am totally slap-happy silly from lack of sleep.  Crazy Spanish lady next to me is sporting her shades, as she has been since we took off, we are well underway to Spain, and the plane is dark.  When she and her husband --they are inseparable--motion they are headed for the litter box, I hop up.  That's when, Erin, from behind me, yells "So, Caroline...what's up with your homegirl's shades?"

To say that I lost it just does not cover my complete meltdown....I was still laughing when homegirl returned, in her shades, with her homeboy.  And now for the punishment phase:  I cannot stop laughing.  Just when I thought I had it under control, I'd snort out laughing again.  It's bad...real bad.  We fly and fly and fly--and I'm still laughing.  You'd think I was five and I feel like I am.....  I just cannot get a grip on myself.  Finally, I am all laughed out.

Suffice it to say, I can no longer read or hear the word homeboy or homegirl without laughing.  I saw the word homeboy a minute ago and it brought all of this back up and I am still laughing....man...I hope I don't got to hell for this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment