Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend wrap up

Day is done, just about gone the sun, and life finally returns to normal.  The Rangers won, the Cowboys just lost, so everything is already normal, isn't it?  The reception last night was wonderful and Marianne Gonzalez, Andrea's adorable mom, threw a party fit for a a very special daughter, and her dad, Francisco, got to pick up the tab--like every other father of the bride. 

We left for the Fair around 1pm this afternoon and immediately ran into all the post church Fair goers trying to park.  We found that parking by gate 10 and hopping the shuttle to the entrance, saved feet and lots of energy.  At 91 degrees this afternoon, that was especially important to this old gal.  I really like to walk--just not when the sun is beating down on your head and it's hot.  But walk I did, since Fred had put up with me all weekend.  Plus, we got to swing by the Dickey's booth, where my friend Fern is working until the Fair closes next week.  Fern is a wonderful follower and friend and gifted us free tickets to the Fair. (Man...that last sentence sure was a lot of F's.) 

After Benji raided my refrigerator (fruit), pantry,(chips, salsa, cookies) and freezer (pulled pork, rolls, chili, deer sausage), the newlyweds left to go up to the Farm, to entertain friends, spend the night, and then head back to Nash tomorrow.  Benji has a gig Monday night so he has to get back to work. 

In celebration of a return to normal, I just made a new rub I've never tried, patted it on a lovely brisket whose fat had already been removed, thank you, Lord, and shoved that baby in the oven to snooze.  In a hour, I have to crank the heat down even lower, but that's just fine with me.  I also get to add some red wine and Worcestershire sauce for it to swim around in, wrapped in foil, while it continues to cook.  Oh, lawsie...after seeing all those cows at the Fair, I feel sort of guilty.  Not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment