Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Handwriting is on the wall....damn

Something is up and I'm just not sure what the deal is.  Senora Maria, my best friend and ironing therapist, lost her brother while we were in Italy, and has not returned since.  Her daughter left a message while we were gone that she wouldn't be here for two weeks, as she had gone to Mexico.  No problem.  Fred and I manned the ironing board for stuff we just had to have, and that's no problem.  The problem is, she didn't come this week, and this is week 3 by my count.  Yes, my count could be off, however, here's the ultra weirdest part:  I called yesterday to check on her and her son answered and said he'd "interpret for her".  Huh?  She's always talked whenever I've called her before--she's even called me numerous times-- and we've never needed "an interpreter".  What's up with that?   Maybe she was afraid I was mad, but I'm not.  I'm just worried.

I think maybe she's hanging up her iron and doesn't want to tell me.  I asked if she was OK, and her son said she was fine....Then I asked if she'd be here this week and he asked her, in English, thank you very much, and she said she would be.  Seeing's believing and I'm not really thinking it's gonna happen, despite what she said.  When she quit working for my brother's family, she just stopped coming--no adios, nada.  If  that's where we are, that's where we are and I'll big girl up and deal with it, but nowhere does it say I have to like it. Wah...I'll sure miss her.  She's a part of our family.  Or was.

Fingers crossed I'm wrong.  Anybody know of a good ironing lady????

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea there WERE ironing ladies! I'm sorry...hope she does come back!

    ReplyDelete