Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I've got an idea....those are scary words

I was up early this morning for a breakfast so I've now had enough coffee to embalm most people.  Yahoo 'cause I luv me some coffee.  Anywho, here's my latest idea:  I want to gut our entire house saving all the stuff I really love, and redo the whole inside, and give the outside a much needed upgrade.  You know...change up all the interior space and reallocate it.  Adios living room, and dining room--hello, open concept and space that can be reconfigured easily for whatever you need.  I want to reconfigure my kitchen and have an eat-in kitchen instead of perching like we currently do and eating off the counter top like monkeys.  I don't want more square footage of space--just better use of the space we have.  An addition above the garage would definitely be on my list, as would a screened in porch big enough to have dinner AND have plenty of room for tricycles, when that day comes.  Can you tell I'm eager for that??  Well, I am, so just shudup.

I want a rear entry garage big enough for both our cars and a little room left over.  We're not going to have much back yard since we're going to need an outdoor fire pit and kitchen.   We'll also need more concrete for smalls to play and water each other, and the pots I'd have filled with plants, to keep it from feeling too "parking lot". 

And I want a bathtub even though I'm really a shower gal.  I think I'll have an outdoor shower, too.  I'm thinking a Napa valley farm house feel--not a Texas Hill Country--too ordinary--and not my style anyway.  I have lots more planned but would somebody please go check on Fred.....if he reads this, he's going to pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment