Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hairball aka Harry aka Rat...etc.

I have run all day like the rabbit around the block from us.  Some Monday's are just like that and now I'm waiting on the fan man to come repair my ancient, but much loved ceiling fan.  Yep...I've blown yet another mother board since it usually goes 24/7, nine months out of twelve.  The last one lasted 15 or so years so I figure it's worth it.  Besides, sleeping without it is just...er...well...uncomfortable.  I need that breeze and if Sis is lucky enough to slide under the covers with me, I really need it.  She puts out the heat of a four alarm blaze and even makes herself hot.  When she gets all roasted, she'll come flying out from under the covers and flop on the cool covers, panting.  Rough life, Sis.

My popularity sky rocketed a few minutes ago.  I was slicing up yesterday's brisket and surgically removing the fat (eew).  The minute I removed the foil, my assistant appeared.  Yeah, she scored a few bites but now she's bugging for more, it's in the oven, and I'm not doing it.  So there.  Tough love, Sis.

The best line I heard Saturday night was uttered by one of my favorite nephews --they're all my favorites-- but this one is especially funny, and all grown up.   Knowing how much he hates to dance, I suggested he dance with his sister.  Never missing a beat, he told me "Nah...that's too Arkansas" and I howled.  Soooooo like Harrison to always have a one liner ready.  Not too long ago he and his sister, Dit, went out to lunch at work.  They work together--and he made her pay for his lunch.  He told her it was "the sister tax".  

This is his FB profile pic.  It just makes me melt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment