Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 21, 2011

Maria and Maria--no wonder I'm confused

Wellllllll....looks like I'm certifiably crazy and should be locked up.  Nothing new there.  It seems that when I thought I was calling Ironing Maria, I actually called Friday Maria, and spoke with her son.  Friday Maria's English is coming along but on the phone, she does need an interpreter or help sometimes, which explains why her son wanted "to interpret " for her.  I had called the wrong damn Maria!  I finally got what she was trying to tell me  this morning and we laughed our heads off.  Then I started calling the right Maria to find what was up, but there was no answer at her house.

Now,  several hours later, Ironing Maria and I just hung up--she called me-- and she has been in Mexico for 2 weeks after her brothers death, her other brother is in the hospital now also, and she's been at the hospital here with her son, Oscar, since Wednesday, and he's had surgery.  Everything finally fits.  No wonder she hasn't called, and she was most apologetic.  She sounded like she had been run over by an eighteen wheeler and was alllllmost in tears, she was so exhausted.  But here's the best part:  she wanted to come iron tomorrow.  I told her no way, to stay in the bed and rest, and I'd see her this next week--we'd already done all the ironing.  She was so shocked I had to repeat it twice.  That really gassed her...she knows we are totally useless when it comes to ironing and the fact we went ahead and tried anyway, made her laugh.  I think she figured by now we were probably naked or our entire closets were at the cleaners.  And we were damn close, too, before last night's iron-a-thon. 

Suffice it to say, it's all good, she'll be here this week, my ironing/ therapy sessions can resume, and life can get back to normal.  Oh, man...what drama I can create.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment