Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, October 28, 2011

Lookey heah....she's baaaaack

Gorgeous day, coffee heading down the chute, and it's a Friday to boot.  Can't get any better than that...well....OK, it could, but I'm not saying the word Rangers.  All is good in the world because look who was here yesterday.  Yep, Senora Maria, and here's a shot at just one of the things she does well--ironing.  Yesterday's gab-a-thon left us both with our tongues hanging out, but it was well worth it.  We had a lot to catch up on, and wedding pic's on the computer for her to see.  Her story of what all had gone on with her brother's death would have made Secreto's proud--that's one of the Spanish soaps on TV.  It's one of the ones Fred used to watch, to "practice his Spanglish".  (eye roll.)  Seriously, he did.

I went by to check on mom yesterday and to take them a wine opener.  It seems I was smarter on my first wine purchase--I got bottles with the screw off cap.  This last go round, I forgot.  Hence, the opener.  With mom's favorite helper helping her, I watched her try to take a few steps with her walker, and it was painful to watch.  She just really cannot do it for any length of time at all.  About three steps was all she could muster and most of that was on a wing and a prayer.  The look on her face is what eats my lunch.  She looks terrified and like her body has betrayed her.  OK...enough with the Debbie Downer.

Since we currently have a full time house sitter, Crashman, I think it's OK to tell you we are heading for the Farm this weekend.  (Adre', my pal and follower, always tells me not to say this online but I think I'm OK this time.)  As usual, Sis has not been given this information yet or she would be outside sitting on the driveway, with the remains of her chew bone, waiting.

The most I have planned is to fire up the fire pit, and chill.  The Boy Scouts will be up there also, camping out in the back pasture so we won't be totally alone.  One year, an industrious dad hooked up a sheet between trees and showed a movie for the guys and man, oh, man, was it loud.  We could hear it all the way up at the big house.  Another year we woke up to "tent city" right down near the creek.  I have never seen so many tents. 

For this weekend, give me a rocking chair on the screened in porch and some good mag's or a book, and I'll be quiet for hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment