Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dreamliner? I don't think so

If you haven't seen the front page of today's Business section in the DMN, go take a peek at it and tell me what you think.  Featured front and center is a guy reclining in a seat of the new 787 Dreamliner, and I'm not thinking it's quite so dreamy.  It's hard to tell how tall the guy is, since he's almost horizontal, but that's part of the problem.  His legs have disappeared under the seat in front of him and not at an angle that looks very dreamy.  Or comfy.  My legs did the same thing in coach, minus the reclining part, from JFK to Madrid, and I could hardly walk afterwards.  I'm definitely a stubb, so I can only imagine what happens to people six feet tall or better.  Maybe it's the picture....I don't know... but take a look and see what you think.  Also note, the guy's face is facing nearly straight up and unless they put a TV screen on the ceiling, we've got another design flaw.  I'm not thinking Boeing or purchasing airlines really care one way or the other, but shoot, I sure do. That seat looks like a chiropractic nightmare.  And, that's my two cents worth.

I'm thinking this kind of overcast somewhat chilly morning calls for a big pot of homemade vegetable soup for dinner--better known as a clean out the refrigerator pot o' soup.  I need to make a quick jaunt down the block to my local "we don't have any" Tom Thumb for a few fresh veg's, and we'll be done.  I throw red wine in my soup because it is high in umami, a chemical component of some foods, which heightens flavor.  That's straight from the Splendid Table's How To Eat Supper on pg 64--Building a Soup.  The two gals who wrote this book have an unlimited knowledge of cooking and used to have an award winning food show on Public Radio.  It's my go-to and has loads of suggestions and ideas for cooking, for beginner's like me.

In closing, Brian gifted Sis the other night with a package of flavored dental chew bones.  To say that she has been in heaven ever since is an understatement.  Last night, Brian leaned down into her bed beneath my desk  for a breath check, only to find that someone was quite protective of her bone.  In fact, a certain giftee actually very gently nipped him on the nose.  Moral of the story: Never underestimate the ingratitude of a slick black girl dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment