Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, November 29, 2010

Adios Dinner

Last night was the Adios Dinner for my brother and his wife, at El Frequence (El Fenix).  What started out as just family, quickly morphed into almost family, with the waiter finally begging the stragglers to leave at 9 PM, so he could go home.  Welllllll....it just ain't a party if they don't beg you to leave, now is it?  My sister and I both had to shag out early for our respective runs to DFW--she was picking up at one terminal and we were dropping off at another, so all thoughts of one run flew out the window.  Plus, we were stopping by to pick up Andrea, Benji's GF, so that really wouldn't fly since we needed to go in, do the howdy with her mom and dad, meet their dog, Stella, and then head out.  Truthfully, it worked just fine...neither my sister or I could stand the thought of another bite of anything.  I realize that's blasphemy when speaking about Mexican food but I was one chip away from a food coma.

Now that the holiday is over, I'm aware of just how great it feels to get life back to normal, whatever that looks like at your house.  At mine, it just means back to my usual little schedule, and while holidays are fun for not having a schedule, there's just something comforting about getting back to the same old same old.  I guess it's that I both love and hate, structure.  It makes me feel safe, and yet sometimes I want to fight it.  Like a teenager.  And, I'm almost 57.  Please.

Lastly, here is a MLS shot of my brother's rental for the next two years.  Nice digs.



No comments:

Post a Comment