Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, November 13, 2010

No, thank ya!

Yesterday I had lunch with mom and my brother and, boy, howdy, life is moving at quite a clip.  My brother is now moving to LA on Dec. 10th vs. Jan.1, and I felt like I needed a seat belt, at lunch.  His wife is shagging out of here Dec.1st and he gets to stay behind for the movers, and to then drive out with their dog.   Kind of makes you want to hurt yourself, doesn't it??  Thank heavens it's not me.
  I had mentioned to my sister a while back that I thought they'd be gone before Christmas--no reason--just a gut instinct, and sure enough that's what's happening.  Wow.  They have changed living locations in the LA area so many times in the last few weeks I am reeling.  Good thing they can handle that because my stress level wouldn't.  I'd have gone over the edge weeks ago.
And, truth be told, my brother said they (he and his wife) are about to kill each other.  Nothing like a bone jarring, brain blendering move, right before Christmas, to put the fun back in dysfunctional.  And then they are going to Seattle, for Christmas, with their daughters, to be with his wife's side of the family.  Flying out of LAX at Christmas time??  Oh, Joy To the World and pass the propofol.  You can wake me up sometime after the New Year, when... it's... all... over.

Now...I hate to be high maintenance but there's just not one part of that, that sounds like one smidgen of fun to me.  Moving to LA?  Only if I was living in cool house at the beach on Malibu ....OK....maybe not even that.  And with my luck, just as I finished unpacking the last box, there'd be an earthquake--the Big One--and well, draw your own picture-- and I'm shark bait.  Nuh, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment