Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Whew...

It's a day and a half after Thanksgiving and my cupboards are bare.  Between Fred taking food to the Ranch, and Benji hosting los amigos at the Farm, there's nothing but cold air in my frige.  Ditto the freezer.  Pizzas, eggs, bacon, sausage, rolls, turkey, you name it-- all hiked it out the back door.  And I love it.  Nothing makes me feel worse when I'm already FOF (full of food), than a stuffed refrigerator.  Ahhhh, I feel like I just walked 5 miles. 

My assignment this morning is to drive Brian to Wylie to pick up his Jeep.  He decided since he's no longer riding motorcycles, a CJ-7 sounded like a grrrrrreat idea.  I'm thinking not so much, but at 29, he gets to make those decisions for himself.  He knows how I feel since when he pulled up in our driveway, prior to having it worked on, I walked right past it, like it was invisible.  No comment.  Nuttin'.  Ahhhhh, the power of not saying anything.  He got it---loud and clear---and just sat there.  Neither one of us said a word. What's the old saying.....silence is golden?  Yeahhhhh, buddy.

Yesterday I went for a well deserved (I think) massage at 5 PM and then came home, showered, ate, and fell into bed.  With everyone gone, I put the pups to bed early and was asleep by 9:15pm.  What a dud... but today I feel grand.  I have a favorite massage therapist that I always request at the Massage Company and yesterday, in addition to a blissful massage, she gave me a Christmas stocking filled with goodies, as a thank you for being one of her "regulars".  Please.....how kind and thoughtful can you get.  And once I got home, I tore into it like a five year old on Christmas morning.  Let's face it....there's a little kid in all of us.

Wiggins is snoring below me in his bed, with sun shining in on him from the window beside me.  What a life.  Sixteen years of being treated like a dog King.  No wonder he's lived so long.  Sis is in my chair, hogging as usual, and patrolling all actions in the front yard. She just missed seeing two squirrels on the same tree out front, luckily for me, and I'm not gonna tell her.  Ohhh, noooo....they're back....and burying acorns right near us with their tails flicking...it's the tails that really get her....and the chirping.....they love to taunt her.  I'm glad she and I agree:  the only good squirrel is a dead squirrel.





No comments:

Post a Comment