Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, November 15, 2010

Another blonde?

Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity and what was intended to be a quick trip to the Farm, ended up taking a good bit longer.  On a whim, we decided to rent a steam carpet cleaner and give the rug a chance to live a little longer.  Shoot....for $26, it just seemed like the right thing to do.  We moved all the furniture off, I vacuumed and then Fred got to cleanin'.  I think the water in the tank by the house or the creek is cleaner, than what we dumped out of the machine's tank.  Groadddddddyyyyyy.  Then once the rug was clean....we'll go figure....we just had to do the carpet in all the bedrooms and upstairs.  We traded jobs and I cleaned carpet, while Fred went down to trim down the bushes at the little house that were too thick for me to cut with the nippers. 

Then Cowboy John, Fred's youngest brother, showed up with his trailer and extra horses to round up his cattle to sell.  He and a friend herded them into the pen, and then loaded all the cows and calves into his trailer and another guy's, who'd showed up to help.  And then the Death Squad arrived.  Yep...I'm serious.  None other than the Dr. Kevorkian of the animal world, Dr. Hefner.  He's a large animal Vet and good friend of John's, and it was finally time for Old Poot, one of the harse's, to say his permanent goodbye to the Farm.  He was down to skin and bone and had bot fly eggs all over him, so it was actually way past time for that old harse.   Poot was old as fire, and ready to head to the big alfalfa field in the sky--I know 'cause he told me.  Another cold winter would have just been cruel.  So after the cows were taken off, Old Poot was loaded, taken off, and given the big adios syringe, and down he went.  RIP, Old Poot. 

The funniest part of the day came, though, when one cow jumped out of the trailer, took off, and they decided to just leave her, for the time being.  OMG.....she went crazy after they drove off, snorting, bellowing, and running around trying to find anybody else that looked like a cow or a bull, to hang with.  All she could find was Mr. Falls bull, a visitor, and you could tell she wasn't real pleased about that.  So for the time being, she's just going to have to get happy with the remaining harses, and Mr. Falls bull.

And, finally, a shot of another blonde gal and my new friend.  I think she's one of John's harses--there were 4 tied up by the barn so I'm guessing this is one of his.  Could be one of his friends but that's not important to my story, here.  I've also decided she's a she simply because her hair looked so good and she was so friendly, and I forgot to look.  I climbed up on the fence to get these shots and she got a little shy about her close up, but after I loved on her, we became BFF's.  She might actually be a he ( gelding), and that would be fine, too.  Either way, he/she was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment