Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

SuuuuuperMan

Last night, I was saved by Superman.  I think when he came in the back door and saw me, he realized somebody had hit the wall.  HARD.  It didn't hurt, either, that he'd read this blog before coming home and already knew what all had happened.  And, I still had on the sooty shirt.....  And was probably holding a butcher knife.  Case closed.  He carved up the turkey and even remembered to save the drippings, for gravy.  As I staggered toward the shower I had barked out instructions so thank God, for once, he was listening.  I'll deal with all that later today.  The funny part?  I had bought one of those tin disposable turkey pans and Fred washed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't have to heart to tell him he could have just tossed it.  And so much for me proselytizing about not getting too tired and how my plan was to take a nap each day this week.  So far, I am 0 for 2.  OK...progress not perfection.  I'll try to take one today.

Sis is almost regal in her fresh bathed suit and is eyeing the clock, waiting for Benji to arrive.  Wiggins is fresh also, and much more low key, snoozing in the bed underneath me.  I can hear his slow lazy breathing as he drifts off to snooze land.  Sis is behind me, as always, dreamily watching the wind blow outside and the leaves dance.  She's down to a half open eye, so sleep isn't far away.  Oooops...not so fast.  Two old yellow labs and their mom just shuffled past and Sis let out her "get off my grass" throaty growl.  I swanny....I think my puppies have to be at the top of my list of things I am grateful for....they just always make me laugh.

To all a Happy and Thankful Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be grateful for it's staggering.  Sometimes the things that make me the craziest are the things that also just happen to appear on my gratitude list.  Funny how that works.  If you are in a bad space, make a gratitude list.  And then go be of service to someone else.  It works every time.

Happy TG to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment