Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, November 5, 2010

Birthday pie

Since Crashman, Brian, turns 29 tomorrow, tonite is Birthday dinner nite.  We knew he'd rather be hanging with his pals on Saturday night so we'll getter dun tonite.  Also on the agenda is me making him a birthday chocolate meringue pie later this afternoon.  Pie over birthday cake??  Always.  No question about it.  And chocolate?  Well, duh.  I'm also planning to do a look see over at mom's to see if anything I got yesterday works.  Maybe I better make that pie this morning since a style show with mom could take awhile.

A lurker of this blog got me the cutest dachshund purse as an early birthday gift and dropped it by yesterday afternoon, and after opening it, I jumped up and down like a 5 year old.  You would have thought it was a Prada...and if I can figure out how to email the pic I took to this computer, from my phone, in all my spare time today, I'll include a pic.  Texting it was easy--I just can't find the attachment doo dad on my email screen so I may have to call Benji for help. I texted it to one of my nieces and she went nuts, too.  Ahhhh, dachies....whatcha gonna do?

Sis should be "on the table" in nite-nite land getting her pearly whites all cleaned and any problem teeth pulled.  Wiggles is in pig-dog heaven with her gone.... his food can stay down for cruise by grazing, she's not hogging the donut bed so he's all comfy, no sharing his water bowl, and life in general is just good.  I need to take him this afternoon to get his nails trimmed, again, since he's catching in the carpet a little and they are growing really close to his pads.  I wish I could just do the trimming myself since Lord knows I have enough implements with which to trim--a regular surgical array--but I just can't do it.  I swear I somehow manage to hit the cuticle at least once every time I try to trim them, and then it bleeds like crazy.  And he yips.  And then cries. And then I just feel awwwwful.  Like a murderer.  Nope, I'm just not gonna do it. 

I did harvest the last of my basil late yesterday afternoon, in the event of a freeze last night, and as I figured, I've got at least one more load of pesto, judging by the amount of foliage left.  The cuttings are sitting in a container of water in the sink and have perfumed the house since I cut them.  OOOOO, la la....nothing like the smell of fresh herbs.  Happy weekend to all and since we'll be home all weekend, I may just drag out my fire pit and play white trash on the driveway.  Sis loves to sun herself out there, as does old Wigman, so I think I've got a plan.  That, and a big old pot of white chicken chili......I just luvvvvvvv Fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment