Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, November 26, 2010

TG dinner a la Sis and Wigman

If you think you ate a lot for TG, you should see what Sister put away.  She's been sneaking Wig's food for the last two days in preparation for the "big feed", I guess.  And, yes, they did get some turkey with their dog food, with a tad bit of juice, prior to that juice becoming gravy.  Since Sis is a non drinker, I had to wait before adding a little wine to the gravy, for flavor, and then cooking it down. Wig is all about the turkey but he is a juice man, too, and he likes to be able to lick a little off the top, so there's no skimping with him, or you will hear about it.

I have no doubt they would both eat dressing and rolls, lightly buttered, but we didn't go there.  I feel sure Sis has gained back the pound she lost when she wasn't feeling well and, boy, can I relate.  They look like two fat little sausages, on legs.  She also has taken over another of my things---a year or so ago I ordered a wonderful white throw that I loved for it's lightweight and soft comfy puffiness.  Brian loved it when we had him here, post crash, and I almost lost it to him, back then.  Now, Sis has decided she likes it.  I keep it on top of the ottoman in the TV room so if you get sleepy or chilly, you can snuggle up.  Well, so much for that idea since now Sis stands up on her hind legs, nudges it off onto the floor, and then roots and snoots it around into a bed, for herself.  I kept wondering why I was always finding it on the floor....and now I know.  Fred thinks she's: 1) the smartest girl in the world 2) the funniest dog ever.  Yeah, well.....we'll see how he feels when she moves in on his fly rod.

Benji rolled in about 7 AM after a night on the town and set off our pack of attack "lickers."  His Rock and Roll world just rocks mine half to death.  Luckily for him, cleaning Maria is out of town and won't be here today so he can snooze as long as he wants.  How nice for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment