Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Carrot Souffle

What is it about men and BBQ....I mean, I like it, but I don't totally freak out over it like they seem to.  Since yesterday was wild, I ran by Sonny Bryan's to pick up some 'Q for dinner and then texted Brian to come eat, if he wanted.  Oh, yeah, baby.  Count on it.  He beat his dad here.  And when Fred hit the back door and saw what was for din-din, let's just say he was thrilled, and grabbed a plate.  Since I'd eaten earlier, I left the two of them to devour the rest of a #1 Family Pack that feeds four, and five out of the six included rolls.  And those are like little mini loaves.  Open them up and stuff in your brisket and sliced sausage, douse liberally with BBQ sauce, and prepare for a quick trip to taste bud heaven.

For the guys, the sides of green bean casserole and BBQ beans are pretty after the fact.  There has to essentially be no meat left, before they relent and eat the other stuff.  Carnivores.  All of them.  Even my Nashville cat.  Ahhhh, the power of BBQ.  If you have it, they will come.

It's hard to believe this time next week we'll all be in a post Thanksgiving gorged out coma.  Man, the holidays do get here fast.  I'm picking up my turkey Monday afternoon so I can brine it and cook it Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll have oven space for other stuff on Wednesday and Thursday. Our turkey is just for left overs since I am not on the Farm Turkey cooking list this year.  I am on the dressing, green beans, carrot souffle team, but will also do gravy, etc., for my bunch.  If you haven't had carrot souffle, well, you are just NOT one of God's favorites, like me.  And if you beg, I will give you the recipe because even Sister could make it--it's that easy.  And it's not high maintenance like a real souffle or you can bet your gizzards I wouldn't be making it.  It tastes a lot like sweet potatoes, only MUCH better.  And no marshmallows, either.  Gag me.
I even have a light version of carrot souffle but seriously, who'd want that?

No comments:

Post a Comment