Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Since the wheels came off my bus yesterday, today I am laying l-o-w.  Sometimes I don't realize when enough has been way too much, until I just crater.  And crater I did.  Took a two hour nap and then was back in the bed by 7:45PM.  Feel loads better now but learning to pace myself is still something I'm not good at.  I keep thinking that because I'm still vertical, I can just push harder.  I can, but it's not a good idea--for anybody.  Sooner rather than later, I end up horizontal, and totally on empty.  If the cosmos throws any less than fun stuff my way, I have absolutely no reserves from which to draw on, and I get triggered by other people much more quickly when I am in HALT.  Hungry, angry, lonely, tired.  Any one or a combo of those means I need to stop immediately. A really good reminder for me as we head into the holidays. 

I am currently sharing my office chair with Sis--or more accurately she is sharing her chair with me.  As I sip my coffee, she was on full on yard patrol, and has now adopted a more leisurely seated version.  Oh,  I spoke too soon.  Now she's turned her big old self around completely (no small feat) so she can nudge my arm for scratching and love.  And now she's shaking and quivering, ears pricked, on full alert again which can only mean one thing...her arch nemesis (a squirrel) is somewhere out there, and must be eliminated. If she thinks she can climb that tree, fine by me.

And lastly, if you missed the news last night, it showed Central Market's Feast of Sharing for anyone who was hungry and wanted a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  Understandably, people turned out in droves and next year, I'd love to be a schleper at that.  People are seated and actually served a hot meal vs the buffet shuffle dump that makes you feel like you are in the army.  CM does the FOS every year, and my hat's off to them for such a loving gesture to the less fortunate though anyone is welcome.  Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...


No comments:

Post a Comment