Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DWTS

Dancing with the Stars.  I hate it.  And I'm watching it as I type.  I'm hooked and I don't want to be.  I even called in last week, and know I personally saved Jennifer Gray's bacon.  I used all my calls to keep her there and was glad to see Brandy hit the street.  I had to see Bristol, though, tonight, and I think being poked in the eye with a sharp stick would have been preferable.  And yet, here I sit......I have totally lost it.

That was last night and I still and laughing over my desire to see Jennifer Gray take home the Mirror Ball trophy.  I figure any fifty something whose body still looks and moves like hers, should win on that basis alone.  Even Kyle Massey was great and has nuthin' to be ashamed of  if he doesn't win.  I'd even be OK with that. He's adorable and has worked his tail off.

Now as for turkey central, my gal is swimming currently and has been since yesterday afternoon, in her brine filled swimming hole.  Since my favorite cooler sprouted legs and is most likely at Brian's or in Nashtown, I had to improvise and let me just say that a double bagged trash bag filled with brine and ice, per the directions, and shoved in a regular cooler with those keep frozen cooler things on top, and the bags clipped shut, is working just fine.  And, as of this morning and my first cuppa joe, I'm leaning Big Green Egg for my afternoon cooking of this bird.  I've measured and my pan will fit perfectly and since the weather so far is gorrrrrrgeous, I'm thinking that's my plan. 

Dressing is just about done--all I have to do is add the chicken stock, stir, and dump into pans and into a hot oven.  I think I'll make a pumpkin cake today for people around here to "carve" on since we might all get to skinny waiting to eat on Thursday.  The carrot souffle is a snap, as are the green beans, so I should be good there.  I can do both of those tomorrow and then cook them Thursday morning.  The bad news is, we will be riding up to the Farm Thursday morning, smelling all that stuff.  Yuuuuummmmm.

Sis says to tell everyone thank you for the cards and flowers--she's feeling much better and is resting up for Banjo-man's arrival tomorrow morning.  We might even try to sneak in a bath tonite so she's on top of her game for tomorrow.  And, yes,....she's a little vain. Whatever.











No comments:

Post a Comment