Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Well, damn it

Well.....it's been one hell of a morning so I'll start with Carlos Cortez.  I had soooo hoped he'd have to take the walk of shame out of the Court House carrying all his office gear but, alas, South Dallas's voting block saved his puerko......and only by a whisker.... but that was enough to keep him in office so be advised:  do not get yourself in a pickle and end up in his court.  I won't even go into the rest of the results as I've only had one cup of coffee and I just can't go there yet.

I had to have fasting labs drawn this morning so I treated myself to a Starbucks on the way to look for carpet/rug material at Lowes.  Since Fred's dad burned two big holes in the current rug eons ago when it was brand new, after making a bonfire in the fireplace and not putting the screen back, it's w-a-y past time for a replacement.  The current rug has also seen it's quota of dogs, if you get my drift, so whatever we get needs to wear like iron.  Boots, beer, mud, parties, and once even a pony, have all darkened the door of the big house.  And don't even ask about the pony---I'm not telling and you'll NEVER get it out of me.  The good news is, it wasn't one of mine who did it.  Mine probably have had MUCH worse than a pony in the house.

The chairs we ordered that they said would be here hopefully by Christmas, are here, and a big fat old thank you to La-z-Boy.  Hopefully, we can get them up to the Farm this week since if I have to wait, someone around our house is gonna be really sorry he didn't just getter dun.  If it's new, I gotta see it.  Now.  Right now.  None of this diddling around stuff.

Mom told the Concierge at the Plaza this morning that she had been "fired" from her old salon and would now be going "local".  When I called Carrie to remind them mom needed them to walk her over, Carrie was laughing saying "don't worry about your mom...she's fine with the change".  Whew. 

And, last but NOT least: Happy Birthday, Dallas!!!  Hope you have a great birthday!!   Dallas is a Follower and Hud, Had, & Avery's dad, and also my nephew.  Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment