Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yosemite, here I come

After watching yesterdays' Oprah's big camping adventure with fellow unlikely camper, best friend Gail, I now have a huge hankering to go to Yosemite and stay for at least a week or even two.  Now, I did not say I wanted to camp out, and frankly neither did Oprah or Gail, but they're on TV and I'm not, so I don't have to.  I want to stay somewhere really nice, maybe learn how to fly fish, hike a little if it's not straight up at a 90 degree angle, and just chill in all the beauty and nature.  I can just smell that fresh mountain air.  One more project to research--a trip to Yosemite next year.  I told Fred and he just looked at me like I was crazy, until I said fly fishing.  We're as good as gone.  I might as well go pack.

Sis needs to get her teeth cleaned before Thanksgiving so she won't have "squirrel mouth" when Benji comes home.  Man....it's just always somethin' around here.  Since she's never had them cleaned, I'm not thinking this is going to be her most favorite thing, but heck, if I get mine cleaned, so can she.  I just called and she's the only "dental" for tomorrow, so fresh breath here we come!  Fred can take her on his way to the office.  I know he'll be thrilled.

The latest drama around these parts is my brother and his wife are still moving to LA but don't know when, or where they are going to live.  Their previous blast off was set for 1.1.11.  The place Moo (wife) had decided upon, is now out--not sure why--, so they are back to looking.  Since they have moved residences essentially every four years, it probably won't take them long to find some place they like.  Me??  I'm just not a big mover.  I love my house and where I am so other than wanting to knock my house down and build, or gut it and re-work the interior space, I'm happy right where I am--even if I stay with it just like it is.  I've just always wanted to build a house so maybe at some point we will.  I don't want more house--noooooo---just to shuffle a few rooms.  And no living room.  We never use ours-- and no big swanky dining room either, for all those chi chi dinner parties I never have.  I used to occasionally.... but I'm over that now.  I like open and cozy--quite a feat to pull off well.  I've seen pictures of what I want, so at least I know what I want....that's half the battle, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment