Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, November 22, 2010

And the marathon begins...

Holy cow.  A really busy weekend.  I got Had's Christmas gift, finally, since I was waiting for the store to receive their delivery of girl's pink, fake-o crushed velvet, machine washable Super Hero capes, with matching reversible mask.  The store called me Friday night and said they were holding one for me, so Saturday I practically peeled up the asphalt getting over there to pick it up.  And, it seems she may need it before Christmas.  More specifically in two weeks, since she's getting her tonsils and adenoids out December 1st.  I know.  Ick.  Poor gal.  But I'm hoping the cape might just perk her up.  I'll certainly give it to her if it seems like it might.  She'll bounce back fast since little kids always do much better than adults.  Knowing her, this will only slow her down for a week, at the most.  She'll be droopy but still feisty.

Mom fell again yesterday at breakfast after leaning over to try to pick up a dropped spoon.  The old Humpty Dumpty, again.  Luckily, no damage other than embarrassment.  I've made my grocery run for TG and will pick up my organic turkey today, for it's brine swim, prior to cooking.  Between taking care of my sick Sis girl and cooking, my goal is to try to lie down every afternoon for at least a little while or I'll.... poop.... out.  We all will, so rest when you can.
























No comments:

Post a Comment