Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A meet and greet

This morning I made a visit next door to meet baby John and to see Claire and her mom, Laura.  For a nano second, Bruce and I considered going over after dinner last night and then I remembered what that was like with two small kiddos.  Let's just say I'm glad we didn't--this morning was much better.  Baby John looks like another mini version of his dad, as does sister Claire.  Holy cow...Dad John's got some seriously strong genes on his side.

Claire wasn't that interested in opening the gifts--she was more into the cool ribbon and the tissue paper from Baby Bliss.  She got a book with doors or windows you can open and John got clothes and a woobie.  For those that don't speak Harris or little kid, that is a super soft small square blankie with an animal on it that you can snuggle with, fiddle on, or suck on, depending on how you roll.  John's was a brown and cream colored puppy because every boy (and girl) needs a dog.  Man.....it was so soft, now I want one, but I want a b-i-g one.

Laura's mom is still there but will be heading back to Austin at the end of this week so I told Laura to call me if things get hairy.  Late afternoons and evenings can soooo quickly spin out of control when everyone's exhausted and hungry, and your partner's not home yet.  I remember those days all too well.  Yark. 


No comments:

Post a Comment